Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 3-Something I need to forgive myself for

I feel a ton of guilt about my divorce... A ton. Do I regret it? Nope. Not one minute. I feel bad that Clayton and I continually had to hurt each other to the point of divorce and I mostly feel so guilty for giving my son, that perfect little guy the life that I had with divorced parents. However, Carter is so much better off seeing Clayton and I co-parent effectively and seeing how a normal family functions with Shane and I. Being a single mom was hard. I just think it would have  been harder to stay.

2 comments:

  1. Happy mom = happy kid...and that's all that matters right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right - it is far better to co-parent and get along than stay together and hate each others guts. The little ones catch on to those vibes. Love you!

    ReplyDelete