Friday, November 18, 2011

I have a 3 Year-old?

This year for Carter's birthday, we went to Utah. Then we celebrated in Idaho. Then Carter celebrated with his dad a week later. Holy cow he is spoiled! We chose to go to Utah since that is where the bulk of my family is. He had a blast. He got everything from all new Toy Story toys, a "Baby Brother" cake (He calls the alien from Toy Story Baby Brother...), movies, money, clothes, trucks, tractors, and the list goes on and on and on and on...

My Mom made Carter's cake in 2 hours. No. I am not lying. My mom is pretty much the bomb. For those that didn't know... Carter couldn't have been more happy and excited about it.

Dear Carter,
I cannot believe that it was 3 years ago that I heard your first cry and held you in my arms for the first time. I knew that day that it was my job to always protect you. You have been the absolute light of my life since.

At such a young age, you have been through dramatic changes this past year. You and I moved out of our home, away from your dad, into Grandpa Craig's, and then to Idaho with your "Daddy Shane." You have been so good. You have adapted well and are thriving appropriately. You love it here in Idaho, and I am so excited to raise you here. Idaho was a great move for a busy little boy like you. You are free to play outside, in the dirt, go to work with Shane, enjoy life in the slower lane and just be you.

You are so intelligent. You definitely got that from me. ;) You can count to 20, you know your ABCs, you memorize movies, you know your colors, shapes, animals, machines that Shane uses at work, and my recent favorite, emotions. You do this "Mad Face" and it MELTS MY HEART. Oh my gosh, you are so perfect right now. You know the way directly to my heart. If you want something, you caress my cheek, put your hand under my chin and you ask in the sweetest voice. I have a very hard time telling you no. (Even though I Feel like I tell you no more than I tell you anything else..)

Your favorite foods lately have been the following: Macaroni and Cheese (Macky Cheese), corn dogs (But just the batter), Eggo waffles, Toaster Strudles (Just the frosting), Cupcakes (Just the frosting), Blueberry muffins (Blueberry nuffins), chicken nuggets, fries, ice cream, chips and Cheetos and anything else unhealthy.

Another huge change that you are going to have coming is the fact that you are going to be a big brother. You are SO excited. You have already started to blame things on your brother. At the same time, you have already listed off the things you will be sharing with him and the things that you won't be sharing with him. You tell me almost daily, "Mom, is Boston going to play yet? I want to hold him, wrap him in his blanket, change his bum and give him his bottle." I think you will be singing a different song when he is born. For now, you love the idea. You are going to make a fabulous brother, Beets. I know it.

I want you to know that you have been my light in the dark, my rock in the sand and my backbone. Isn't it miraculous that my little toddler was my best friend all along? You gave me a reason to stay strong and move on with my life. You gave me a reason to smile when I was so sad. YOU, Carter Oxborrow, are the light of my life. You will never know how much you saved me. I love you more than I have ever loved anything. Don't you dare outgrow your mother. Happy 3rd Birthday, you sweet boy.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment