Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Carter Has His Own Language

Just a few funny things that I want to remember Carter saying....
  • "Mom, I need a bitamin (Vitamin). My belly is killing me." 
  • I let Carter call his dad on the phone one night and it went to his voice mail. It is the lady that says, "You have reached the voice mail of _______." Carter gets a disgusted look on his face and says, "I cannot talk to that. It isn't my dad! It's a girl!" 
  • "Ohh mom! You just scared me to crap!" (I think he meant you scared the crap out of me...) 
  • "Mom, how is this baby going to get out? I need to see the hole."
  • "Mom, can we listen to Talkin' Bout it?" (Funkytown by the Chipmunks)
  • Carter will ask me a question and if I take more then .5 seconds to answer, he will say, "Mom, you are not using your ears. Can you talk?" 
  • "When my brother gets out after your belly opens up, I am going to hold him and wrap him in his own blanket. He can have his own. Not mine."
  • "Hey Shane, should we wrestle?" 
  • "Hey mom, what in the hell is that smell? I think I pooped." 
  • Me: "Carter you need to help pick up these toys. This is ridiculous." Carter: "Mom, I can't pick up these toys. I am sick and it is ridiculous." 
  • "Mommy, you are my best friend. I love you."
  • "Hi, my mom is Kelsie. My dad lives in Utah and he does not love my mom." (He said this to a few of my upper management co-workers....)
  • "I am so glad that when Boston gets out, he is going to live with Grandma Leslie."
  • On Christmas, well two days before, I had to drop Carter off to be with his dad. I seriously cried my eyes out. I was so sad. He said to me, "Mommy, are you crying because Shane is mean to you?" (The irony is, he has never seen Shane ever be mean to me and make me cry. That is merely an assumption of a 3 year-old.)
  • January 4th, 2012..."Hey mom, I am so excited for Santa Claus to come and see me and my little brother Boston." 
  • "I have a Grandpa Craig. Mom, did you know he is your dad?" (The kid wants to analyze everyone and their siblings, parents etc.) 
  • He sings the Luke Bryan song, "Country Girl" as follows: "Country girl shake it for Shane, girl."
  • He said to me the other day as I was holding him on my hip, "Mom, I just love boobs."
He is seriously a spitfire. (Wonder where he got that from?) I would be bored to the extreme without him around.

Look at that face... I couldn't possibly love him more. Flipping goofball.

Sometimes, not very often, I feel bad for Shane. Carter climbs all over him at all times.

Carter looking at the river. Me being a NERVOUS WRECK. Water makes me so nervous.

The men playing basketball

Carter just being a boy

If I never have anything else in my life.... I have this. Every single day. Sigh. I am so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment