Monday, May 16, 2011

Christened

This past weekend, I went up to Idaho. (Yep, the drive is already getting a little old. I don't want to talk about it.) It was already a preconceived plan for me to go brand cows with my favorite hicks. I know...You are probably shaking your head. Little miss hates-to-get-her-shoes-dirty-hates-to-be-around- "Creatures"-and-has-a-real-issue-with-the-smell-of-things did in fact, conform a tiny bit. I went and I didn't even freak out. I wanted to. It stinks so bad. However, a little moral support pulled me through just fine. Cow branding got a little boring for us. We decided to head up Beach Hollow (I believe?) and went for a Razor ride.

Let me paint you a little picture..... I was stuck in a 2 seater off road vehicle with two 250lb boys on both sides of me. I was sitting with my tailbone on the seat belt clicker. Poor tailbone. I was safe from harm and really, I didn't even complain about that part of it. I loved it, actually. After about 5 minutes of driving, we hit some puddles. Ryan went through them pretty dang fast and splashed us. I laughed and laughed. I had a little mud here and there, the boys had mud on the sides of them that were towards the outside of the Razor. No biggie. We stopped at a little stream and I thought Shane looked a little too clean for my liking. (I just conformed to this cowboy chasing, edge of civilization lifestyle. Give me a break.I needed to go big, or go home.) I just casually grabbed two fists full of some mossy dirt and rubbed it on Shane's shirt. It was just a little bit, really. We all just laughed and carried on. We loaded back up and headed up the trail a little more. I stepped on Ryan's foot, as I wanted to hit those puddles as fast as we could and he was going way too slow. I helped. Well, after that we were all pretty muddy. I decided to ice the cake by starting a mud war. It was so much fun. The edge of civilization? Sign me up! I have never laughed like that in my life.
Shane and me after the war

The Other crew members. (Nice hand print Ron.)

Felisha and I after the final battle

Our pants after

Jb wishes..and those are my own hand prints.
I would dare say, as much as I have said it before, this weekend cannot be topped. Guess we'll see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment