Monday, May 23, 2011

Dear Monday Morning

You. Are. Welcome. You have officially NOT kicked my butt, yet again. I woke up on the right side of the bed and full of gratitude. Think I should make a list about it? Bullet points and all? Here it goes.

Kelsie Ann Deveraux is exceptionally thankful for the following this morning
  • I have the best little boy ever. He slept in until I was all of the way ready for work and giggled more than once in the car on our way to school. 
  • My boss, Ashley. She totally lets me say what I need to say. She never judges. Even when I say completely inappropriate things. Which, sometimes is a lot.
  • This rain. I know it is causing some serious flood issues, but I love the rain.
  • Shane, the best boyfriend ever. I. Freaking. Love. That. Boy.
  • My dad and Step-Mom for being my rock and never saying mean things when I am not around. They have truly accepted me for everything that I am and even in awkward circumstances, (*ahem, don't talk to me about this until I am ready*) been supportive and loved me through it. I know that my happiness is important to them, versus other people in my life. (No need to mention names.)
  • My Mom and Step-Dad for always being supportive. Even though my mom is a sass, she loves me and at the end of the day, she would never let me feel alone. Randy never ever judges me and never makes me feel like I am inadequate.
  • My baby sisters. They are the absolute best friends I will ever have.
  • My heart doesn't hurt anymore. That seems so lame. However, my little heart hurt for a long time. (Somewhere around three years.)
  • On that note, I am able to feel emotion again. It has been wonderful to feel like a normal person. (As normal as I get) I recognize sad, happy, love, hunger, gratitude and this list is going to have to stop here...
  • Jo Jo girl. She stayed up late with me last night making me laugh. We have been through the ringer together. I was being ridiculous about something and she responds with such charisma. She said, "Yea...We aren't going to talk about that right now....." Basically, "Shut up Kelsie. You are being so dumb right now."
  • When I log in to Facebook and see the part at the top of my page that says "In a relationship with Shane Tillotson." Does anyone understand how happy that makes me? I think there are one or two of you that grasp this... Others get the tip of the iceberg. I get the Worst. Butterflies. Ever.
  • The fact that I have a warm shower and electricity to use daily as I get ready. Seems trivial, but imagine going without. There is a reason I was born into this generation.
  • The relationships I have maintained in my life. This is from co-workers, to people I meet at school, friends, family, extended family, and anything else you can think of. Everyone that has come and gone or entered my life and stayed has had an impact.
  • Pictures. I love pictures. I have so much faith in keeping memories alive by looking at pictures. If you have ever been to my house or in my room, you will know this is no joke. I love pictures.
  • Music. I mention music a lot, but it really is good for me.
  • The fact that I am a believer. It would be impossible to maintain my relationship with Shane if I weren't a believer. I am so thankful that is one of my qualities. I believe in all things when it comes to us. I also believe in most things that I can't understand. I am a believer.
  • I am able to take a lesson in everything that happens. I think that has made my life so much easier and kept things super optimistic.
  • Cows do not have balls, nor do Swiss cows make chocolate milk. (Kit, Didn't even have to research the chocolate milk thing. Chocolate comes from a plant. Goofball.)
  • A sense of humor. Imagine life without humor. I can make the worst situation hilarious. Please ask my friends and family. While I was getting divorced, I would be in tears and someone would say something and I would crack up laughing. I am thankful that life doesn't always have to be so serious.
  • I am so thankful that the future has so many surprises. It is like a gift. Every single day, I wait for the next thing. Sometimes it is a sweet text message from a friend or flowers on my desk. Life is so awesome if you don't have to make everything so serious. I really struggled for a long time. I like to know where I am going at all times. Letting it happen is just more fun. (Except with certain things, I have had to light a fire...ew.)
  • I chose this path I am on. It was all me. I am thankful that I am able to take responsibility.
  • Carter has a great dad. I am fortunate that he wants to be there and be supportive to Carter. Co-parenting could get really ugly if we weren't able to chill.
  • This space heater under my desk. Seriously, it has saved me from hypothermia at least five times. Also, it has been a great thing to turn off as I experience hot flashes. (Yea, its being turned off NOW.)
  • The coupon class I am attending tomorrow. Seems insane. However, I am going to learn how to save some serious cash and it will be great. (Shane, shut the hell up before you even open your mouth. K thanks. Love ya. I won't buy anything age dated. Quit worrying.)
  • The date stamper. I stamp a ton of documents every single day. Imagine if I had to sit and write out the date.
  • Tums, they cure my heartburn usually.
  • Spontaneous stuff. I love that I can get a wild hair, set my mind to it and do it!
  • That I can just be me...I am the mom, the girlfriend, the daughter, the employee, the supervisor. Whatever it is, and I am so comfortable and happy. I just feel mellow. Love it.

Last thing I want to mention in this post is that it is my birthday two weeks. I used to have an entire birthday month. Everyone should do this. If I don't feel like doing something, I want someone to do something for me or I just am fresh out of excuses, I throw this at them..."Well, I would but it is my birthday two weeks and I just have to focus on that." Try it. It will work wonders for your life. Screw birthday presents. I am all for just doing what I want!

1 comment:

  1. I was actually going to ask if it was on facebook yet. :) that is a pretty big deal! haha.

    ReplyDelete